Close

Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Blessed John Paul II)

New Church & Parish Center Expansion

The project at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church (OLPH) in Lakeview, NY was a comprehensive expansion and renovation of three buildings: a new church that seats 650, integration of the new structures into the existing Southtowns Catholic School building, and the connection to, and conversion of, the existing convent into a new parish center and apartments. The complex was opened in 2001 and today is the new home of Blessed John Paul II Parish, the merged parishes of OLPH and St. Vincent De Paul Parish in Evans. The design solution centers on a large prayer garden which provides spacial relief between the three structures and a natural visual backdrop for all interior circulation. Design motifs are based in the roots of arts & crafts which is commonly seen in the residential architecture surrounding the property. The exterior detailing of the church pays homage to the original rural church building that has served the parish of OLPH since it's inception in 1922.